Kapha is the combination of the Elements Water and Earth. Below is a list of general qualities of Vata individuals and how they manifest.
- Larger, stout, well-built frame.
- Strong, excellent stamina, good immunity.
- Full lips, large eyes.
- Clear, moist skin.
- Large strong teeth and bones.
- Thick, lustrous and often wavy hair.
- Body is cool and moist to the touch.
- Strong appetite. Slower metabolism, sluggish digestion.
- Pace is slow and steady.
- May be hard to ‘get going’.
- Sleep is long and deep.
- Sensitive to taste and smell.
- Serene and grounded, steady, calm and stable.
- Nurturing, supportive, patient and compassionate.
- Loving, thoughtful, romantic, loyal, dependable.
- Great long- term memory, firms beliefs.
- Comfortable with routine.
- Easygoing, not easily irritated.
- Able to enjoy life
- Prone to depression, attachment, greed, and grudges.
- May also become possessive and/or withdrawn.
Kapha is responsible for our physical structure and protection. It lubricates the joints and provides moisture to the skin. It helps to heal wounds. It includes mucousal lining of the stomach, and the cerebral-spinal fluid that protects the brain and spinal column.