Below are just some basics. More to come.
- Keep a regular routine
- Adequate rest
- Stress relieving activities
- Stay warm
- Avoid raw or cold foods
- Enjoy warm cooked foods
- Heavier foods: soups, stews, pastas, rice
- Warm oil massages
- Warming spices (ginger, black pepper, cinnamon and cumin)
- Drinks that are room temperature or warm
- Balance rest and activity. Do not create unnecessary time pressures.
- Spend time in nature.
- Avoid excessive heat, steam
- Avoid excessive oil
- Limit salt intake
- Enjoy foods that are naturally sweet, bitter and astringent.
- Enjoy cooling non-spicy food
- Avoid foods hot in temperature or spicy
- Drink cool (not iced) beverages
- Excercise during cooler times of day
- Clear clutter and get rid of excess “stuff”
- Weekly liquid fasts
- Heated spices: like chili, black or cayenne pepper, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Reduce dairy
- Eat more vegetables
- Avoid sweets
- Try a rigorous yoga practice early, upon waking
- Avoid naps
- Daily dry Brushing
- Routine exercise, stay motivated
This book is a great introduction to Ayurveda: The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies